It could only happen to me

You would not believe the day I have just had and it started off so well!

Just before dad died I properly got, a little bit. addicted to yoga. Every lunchbreak I would take my mat somewhere quiet and spend a little half an hour focusing on me, usually with the help of Adriene and then I full on went yoga addict and treated myself to some private sessions. I only go once a fortnight, but it costs. It is just me and it is a very much a luxury, not a necessity, but as I am so bad at carving out me time I suck up the cost and have cereal for tea that night. Anyway, since becoming a career and returning to college money is tight, and these yoga sessions are very much on my radar as maybe a treat too far. Especially when I know I am struggling to practice outside of class. I am not getting better, in fact I think I am getting worse. So, I have told myself either I do more ‘at home’ practice or the lessons go.

This morning I got out of bed early and did 30 minutes of yoga, with the help of lovely Adriene. I then got Poppy out for her hourly run around while I had breakfast. Had a shower and was ready to leave my house by 8.30 for my day out with mum. Which, considering I am not a morning person, and I am on holiday, being ready for 8.30am was a miracle.

My day started well.

I got to Mums, got her ready and we set out for the day. We were ready to go for about 10am (a personnal record for us both) and then it just started to go so very, very wrong.

About 6 months ago, Mum treated herself to a new car, it is amazing, very pretty and very much all singing and all dancing. However, it also does this annoying thing where it flashes and beeps a warning whenever there is a tiny issue with the car, or it thinks you are going to crash, or you cross lanes without indicating (I wish more cars had that last feature!) The day before it had warned us the pressure in the front tyres were a bit low and so, because I am an awesome independent woman, I have my own digital tyre pump-er-up-er which I had brought with me to fix the problem.

It wouldn’t work. It kept cutting out at a pressure lower than the pressure I needed… I wondered if the fault was with mums’ car, as I have had this handy gadget for years, so I decided to test the pressure on my tyres to check it was working. That was a mistake and I know have S coming down this weekend to sort my tyres.

Anyway, as we were travelling in mums’ car we headed to the local Tesco to use their pump, before heading off to enjoy the day at the White Rose shopping centre. However, it is true what they say about best laid plans…

I couldn’t get the pump to work. Well that’s not entirely true, it worked on one tyre but rather than pumping up the second tyre it just let all the air out, until there was hardly any air left in there. I had to go for help. Half an hour and three members of staff later we realised that the pump had broken, an hour later people were discussing pickup trucks, I had lost my ‘productive morning glow’ and instead was covered in oil. I had just about given up all hope when I went around to put the air cap on the other tyre and realised part of the fastening from the pump was still attached to that tyre… oops.

Two hours after pulling into the garage we finally set off.

However, the day wasn’t a complete waste. Although much later then intended, mum and I did get to the White Rose, and we shopped as if our lives depending on it. I bought Christmas presents and treated myself to a reduced top from Outfit and mum treated me to an early birthday present. Now all I need to do is find a way to justify buying this coat I am in love with from Lyst and I will officially mark this day a success.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *