For those of you who don’t know I sort of have two dogs… sort of…
The first is my very lovely Cairn, Mity. I lived with him for 12 years and he is basically the little brother I have always wanted but never got. However he was bought as a family dog by my parents and so when I moved in with OH and BD I had to leave Mity at home. He is the happiest, most loveliest dog you will even have the good fortune to meet and I love him so so much. I miss him every single day! So although he is mine, he sort of isn’t too…
The second is BD, and technically he belongs to OH. BD is the most lovely welsh collie, he worships me and OH but he does have a few issues we are working through. However as much as I love BD, he still remains my partners dog. It was the two boys together before I came along and they have been through a lot. I do like to think BD loves me, and I am sure he does, however he will almost always look for confirmation from OH before doing whatever it is I have asked for!
The two of them are mean everything to me, and I love them both so much. But I think one of the things i love most about them is how different they are from each other:
- Mity is small and grey, BD is large and ginger
- Mity loves everybody, he greets everyone he meets walking down the street and looks quite upset when they fail to say hello. BD has fear aggression, which we are working on, and he would be quite happy if there was no one walking down his street at all.
- Mity went to training classes and was trained on a daily basis by my mother. BD didn’t. Yet BD will come when called, as soon as called at breakneck speed, whereas Mity will wander across having taken the time to confirm there is nothing more interesting to do in the vicinity.
- BD will curl up on me or next to me, he loves nothing more than being stroked and nudges my hand if I stop stroking him for even a second. Mity will sit next to me, if the mood takes him. If I dare to touch him, he will glare at me before letting out the deepest sigh and moving somewhere else. Trust me he really does milk the fact he is having to move all because I touched him.
- BD knows when I am sad and will come and cuddle up to me so close… Mity will usually do whatever he can to distract me so that I stop crying.
Despite them both being so different I wouldn’t change a single thing about either one of them. They are my two sort of dogs and I can’t imagine not having them in my life.